Martha's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Mar 18, 12

Read in March, 2012, read count: 3

Is it possible to be anymore absolutely in love with a book than I am with Anna and The French Kiss? The answer is easy.
Oh heck no.

This book was adorably fabulous. I loved it in every conceivable way. All of the characters contributed something that was very needed in the book.
The friends were not stereotypical; they were fun, and - get this - actually interesting human beings! *Everyone gasps*
Sure, there was loads of cheese. And though I am normally lactose intolerant, it was some damn good cheese.

So the verdict is simple.
Read it.
It's adorable and hilarious and easy to read, what else do you need?

....Oh, and P.S., I am utterly in love with Étienne St. Clair. Pathetically. "Oh, please take me to Point Zero, Étienne!" in love. *Sighs in exasperation*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Quotes Martha Liked

Stephanie Perkins
“Sorry to be your second choice."
"Don't be stupid. Third choice. Mum's asleep, remember?" He laughs again.”
Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

Stephanie Perkins
“The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”
Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

01/18/2011 page 296
80.0% "So great! I love it."
02/12/2011 page 24
6.0% "So cute! I'm really loving it."
02/12/2011 page 93
25.0% "It's official. I'm in love with a fictional character. St. Clair. I am awesome."
09/25/2011 page 204
55.0% "...I couldn't help myself."
09/26/2011 page 261
70.0% "Something I notice second time around: The characters EAT. I hate it when authors don't include this ESSENTIAL part of living. Makes Anna even more easy to relate to. Stephanie Perkins, I love you."

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kaitlyn Agreed!

message 8: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha And the ending most definitely did nothing to help that!

Kallan ok how could anyone NOT be in love with étienne st. clair? he's freaking amazing!!!!!!

message 6: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha You should!
It's the best book I could recommend if you want a light, funny, romantic read. :)

Alex I'm reading this right now, and it's AMAZING. The cover kinda threw me off, I had no idea what it was about until I watched a review on it. Why did I listen to the voice in my head that said don't get it, it has a bad cover.:(

message 4: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha Alex: Eeeep! So happy you're loving it! I completely adored it myself, and trust me, it only gets better! :]
I was wary of the cover as well, but after you finish reading it, you'll even love the cover just because you don't want to dislike a single thing about the brilliant book. :]

Alex I finished it last night. I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning to finish it. You're right, I don't want to dislike this book, IT WAS FANTASTIC.

Laura Elisa Now i want to read this! Really bad:O i sa the cover in a bookstore like a couple of months ago and i just ignored it! I think i made a mistake :O thanks for the review:D

message 1: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha The most common mistake, assuredly. It is the single most adorable book I have ever read. Anna's voice, along with the rest of the characters' voices, was incredibly strong. I don't come across that too often, so I highly treasure them when I am lucky enough for their beautiful presence to waltz onto my bookshelf.