Giovanni Gelati's Reviews > Stars Collide

Stars Collide by Janice  Thompson

Feb 02, 11

Read from January 29 to February 02, 2011

Hello everyone, this is my first ever post and my first guest post. Who am I? I am Giovanni’s sixth daughter; there are seven Gelati sisters and one brother. The reason why you are reading my rants today is that I grabbed this out of my Mom’s hands and ran with it. She is reading it now on my recommendation, and I see her smiling once in a while as she is paging through it; I even got a thumbs up once. The power is intoxicating. So what does this college senior think about Stars Collide, Plenty!
I told the old guy that usually inhabits this space to take the day off when he runs this post, but I have the feeling that he may just have to sit in front of the computer and answer plenty of messages from concerned readers wondering if he should just step aside and let me take over from here. A romance novel and I go well together; I just wish I read this on the beach instead of watching snow fall. At least we had a nice fire going when I was into it.
I got this from Revell’s ( the publisher) website; it tells you what the book is all about: “Kat Jennings and Scott Murphy don't just play two people who are secretly in love on a television sitcom--they are actually head over heels for each other in real life. When the lines between reality and TV land blur, they hope they can keep their relationship under wraps. But when Kat's grandmother, an eccentric star from Hollywood's golden age, mistakes their on-screen wedding proposal for the real deal, things begin to spiral out of control. Will their secret be front-page news in the tabloids? And can their budding romance survive the onslaught of paparazzi, wedding preparations, and misinformed family members?
From the soundstage to a Beverly Hills mansion to the gleaming Pacific Ocean, Stars Collide takes you on a roller-coaster tour of Hollywood, packing both comedic punch and tender emotion.”
No misleading statements there above. I laughed, I smiled, and above all I had fun and was touched by the whole thing. My parental unit tells me that the rating system commonly used for this type of thing is one to five stars. Based on my experience reading romance novels and enjoyment of this book, I am going to do something different, 5 hearts. This is a romance novel, so let’s give it its due. Janice Thompson scored a major hit with me, and I am going to be bold and say my mother also, and I am sure the other Gelati sisters are going to want in on this once they read my thoughts. I was watching a fire roar and snowflakes fall but when I read this novel I felt like the girl on the front cover with the car top down and my hair blowing in the wind. Go for it and put on your sunglasses and enjoy the journey.
What are you reading today? Check us out and become our friend on Shelfari, Linkedin &Twitter. Go to Goodreads and become our friend there and suggest books for us to read and post on. Did you know you can shop directly on Amazon by clicking the Amazon Banner on our blog? Thanks for stopping by today; We will see you tomorrow. Have a great day. http://www.gelatisscoop.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars Collide.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terri (new) - added it

Terri Good review! I got this book yesterday.

Giovanni Gelati Thanks, my daughter did it. I received the novel in the mail, I opened the package, her ears perked up, she peaked over and asked what I got, then she took it and ran into her room.She really enjoyed it. Now my Wife has it and the rest of our girls have formed a line for it.I appreciate you checking in and taking the time today. Have an awesome day!