Lindsay's Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: cover-lust, all-time-favorites, books-i-own, tear-jerkers
Read from October 29 to 30, 2011

Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa

I waited almost exactly nine months for this book to come out. I fell in love with this series in December and was lucky enough to get the arc of Iron Queen, horrified with its ending. And then I learned that this book was coming out so I waited...but actually having the book was a shock. It seemed like this day would never come. But it did.

Ash, the sweet winter prince is searching for a soul to return to his love Meghan Chase. My heart absolutely ached during this entire book. Ash is absolutely incomparable to all the other YA guys. He struggled, he suffered, he endured, he loved, he fought...and he learned what it was like to truly become a human with a soul. He deserved a happy ending.

I was kind of upset that Meghan wasn't in this book as much but this was to be expected. She already told her story, it was Ash's turn.

Puck was so much more enjoyable in this one. In the Iron Queen, I was annoyed with him but seeing him around Ash and basically being his best friend was great. Anyone can tell that they really cared about each other and I'm hoping he has the chance to tell his story. Plus he was downright hilarious at times.

It was also great seeing Grim again. But what to say about him? He's a cat...he got some of the best lines. And seeing him fight with the Big Bad Wolf for the entire journey was great. I love me my wolves though ;)

There was another character that I will not say the name of due to spoilers. But she was definitely a pain for the first half of the book, at least to me. The second half though, I felt like she redeemed herself and it made me sad to see what was going to happen to her.

Overall, I loved this book. It was absolutely the perfect ending to this series in every possible way. The writing was amazing, the plot was strong, and the message was clear. I absolutely love Kagawa and I am so happy that she did not leave things the way they were with Iron Queen. Cause true love deserves to win once in awhile. I can't wait for her new vampire series and her side series with Meghan's little brother Ethan, who basically started this whole thing!

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gabrielle Carolina I know, right?!

Lindsay YES! :D Oh my gosh...wasn't this just the best?

Gabrielle Carolina Lindsay wrote: "YES! :D Oh my gosh...wasn't this just the best?"

Yes it WAS!

Lindsay Have you read her excerpt of her newest book?

Gabrielle Carolina Lindsay wrote: "Have you read her excerpt of her newest book?"

I have, but I'm more excited for Ethan's upcoming series more than anything. : )

Lindsay Me too! I'm wondering if he'll be friends with Puck...and who he'll possibly be with as well.

Gabrielle Carolina Lindsay wrote: "Me too! I'm wondering if he'll be friends with Puck...and who he'll possibly be with as well."

I'm hoping *SPOILER TO ALL NON-LINDSAY'S* Kierran and maybe some other tykes will be around. ; )

Lindsay Oh my gosh yes! Kierran! I was so utterly shocked when I read that *SPOILER TO ALL NON-GABRIELLE'S* Ash and Meghan had a son that was devilish and very Puck-like...oh my gosh I am hoping they have a million children lol

Gabrielle Carolina Lindsay wrote: "Oh my gosh yes! Kierran! I was so utterly shocked when I read that *SPOILER TO ALL NON-GABRIELLE'S* Ash and Meghan had a son that was devilish and very Puck-like...oh my gosh I am hoping they have ..."

You know... that kid is 1) Summer. 2) Winter. 3) Iron. 4) Human and now 5) "Unique"

That's a pretty powerful boy. I'm sure Julie knows this, now I wanna see what she'll do with that!

Lindsay That is true, I never thought about him that way. I really can't wait to see where she goes with him. And Ethan as well...I'm wondering who he could possibly fall in love with.

Gabrielle Carolina Lindsay wrote: "That is true, I never thought about him that way. I really can't wait to see where she goes with him. And Ethan as well...I'm wondering who he could possibly fall in love with."

Someone new, I think. Summer, probably. Or Iron? Wow. That would be weird/cool!

Lindsay IRON! That would be insane! But very cool :)

Gabrielle Carolina Lindsay wrote: "IRON! That would be insane! But very cool :)"

Agreed. She would have to be well-described.

Holly This book was fantastical!!! I <3 it
Do you guys know when ethan's story will be released????
Also I read the sneak peek of her new vamp book then went online looking for any news about it but couldn't find any info............:L so do you know when that should be out??
Thanks :p

Gabrielle Carolina Holly- sometime in 2012! : ) Hopefully spring!

Lindsay Is the vamp book and ethan's story coming out in 2012? cause if they both are, then that's absolutely fantastic! :D Yes I did read the sneak peak, it looks really creepy considering vampire books out there.

message 17: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara She is going to do a book with Ehtan!!! I had no idea. Oh that is going to be awesome:D

Lindsay I know! Its going to be absolutely epic! I can't can't wait :D

Gabrielle Carolina Cara wrote: "She is going to do a book with Ehtan!!! I had no idea. Oh that is going to be awesome:D"

Julie is! It's suppose to be a whole new series set in the Nevernever with Ethan as the MC and our favorite characters making cameos! Hooray, right?!

Lindsay I just want to know when it comes out so I can count down the days! Lol :D

message 21: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara DEFINITELY HOORAY!!!:D I just I'm bursting in anticipation to read the Iron Knight, and I'm so glad that she is wrting Ethan as the MC. It's going to be so cool;)

message 22: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara Oh yes if any one of you find out when it's going to come out, tell me please!;)

Linda Sooooo lucky I wanna read this