Sally Gawne's Reviews > The Mountain Between Us

The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin

F 50x66
Jan 29, 2011

Read in January, 2011

My first thought of this book was that I liked it. The tempo was just right, not to slow but not too fast. However, I think what I liked most was it has a Hero.
The lead character is a Macgyver. Dr. Ben Payne (a touch of whimsy) is smart, good-looking, compassionate, with some impulsiveness thrown in, Sport Medical Doctor.
His partner in this adventure is Ashley Knox, an attractive, successful journalist and on the way to her wedding rehearsal dinner.
As a snowstorm cancels the flights out of Salt Lake City, these two travelers end up chartering a flight to Denver to get them out of the storm’s path. Grover, the pilot, and his dog load up to fly the travelers to Denver. Grover has a heart attack and they crash in the snow-covered mountains. Ben with broken ribs, Ashley’s leg fractured and with the dog, the adventure begins in the below freezing temperature for weeks. Ben journals to his wife every night with a recorder and we get a sense that is something not right but we do not know what it is. The ending is a surprise ending and we do not even see it coming.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mountain Between Us.