Darcy's Reviews > Lord of the Flies

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read on January 29, 2011

This is one of those books that I have heard about for a long time, but never read. So on a whim I grabbed it at the library the last time I was there. I had high hopes for this one, but found that I was bored while reading it. I kept reading hoping it would get better, but it didn't. I also had to break up the reading, only 50 pages at a time.

I do think the concept was a good one, to see just how civilized people/kids act when put in a bad situation with no adults. It seemed like things just moved at a pace that wasn't believable.

I also grabbed the movie, and I am looking forward to seeing how it differs from the book and which one is better. I have a feeling that with the subject manner of this book the visual will be better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Flies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yas (new) - rated it 1 star

Yas Glad I wasn't alone on not liking this one. Felt I was the only person who gave it a bad rating until now!

Darcy I know what you mean. I was bored while reading and kept waiting for it to get better.

I just watched the 1960's movie and it was so much like the book and slightly boring. I had no idea there was a 1960's movie, I thought I was getting the one I remembered from the 1990's. So I requested that one. It will be interesting to see how all 3 differ.