Erin's Reviews > Dining with Joy

Dining with Joy by Rachel Hauck

Feb 02, 11

bookshelves: christian-fiction, tear-jerkers
Read in January, 2011

This is the first book I've read by Rachel Hauck that I didn't simply fall in love with. A cooking show host who can't cook and resorts to cheap gimmicks to keep from being discovered? Hasn't that storyline been done already?

Joy Ballard has managed to keep her secret through the first three seasons of her show "Dining With Joy". When chef Luke Redmond comes to her rescue at a surprise cook-off and subsequently begins co-hosting the show, Joy has to decide how much she can trust him and if he is her way out of this web she has woven.

The characters in this novel are very real and multidimensional. You feel Luke's passion, Joy's conflicted nature, Rosie's mischievousness, Lyric's pain and Annie-Rae's sweetness. There's no doubt Hauck is a talented author. This story just didn't resonate with me the way Sweet Caroline and Love Starts With Elle did. She's still on my watchlist of authors, though!

I will definitely be making some of the recipes in the back of this book, especially Chick's Banana Bread. My mouth is watering already...
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dining with Joy.