Anne Osterlund's Reviews > Once a Witch

Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Feb 04, 11

Tamsin is a witch that’s not witch. The Talentless daughter of a powerful magical family she would prefer to escape. And she has escaped—at least a little, in her dorm at prep school.

But when a dark and mysterious stranger asks her to FIND a clock, Tamsin tells a fib.

She claims she can find it.

And it’s all downhill from there. Well, almost all. There is Gabriel, the young man from her past who seems not at all disturbed by the fact that she never developed her powers. And not too disturbed by the idea of breaking the rules in order to take her back through time. And who happens to have a Talent for FINDING things.

I really liked the premise of Once a Witch, and Tamsin’s frustration at being the “Talentless One” in her family. The other characters were a lot of fun as well: Agatha, the “insightful” roommate; Rowena, the snarky older sister; and Aunt Beatrice, who has LOST it. Whatever it is.

Looking forward to the sequel.
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Witch.

miss. caitlin grace OMGosh ! is it good?? :)

Rebecca LOVED This book!

Spacklefritz this book was a nice read :)

message 4: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Anne, I'm so glad you friended me...we seem to have very similar reading interests and because of you my "to read" list is growing exponentially! Thank you!

Anne Osterlund Hi Pam,
I hope you enjoy at least a FRACTION of them!
Anne
(who adores talking books--to the detriment of things she should probably be doing such as, say, washing dishes)

message 6: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Ok Anne...you are scaring me...LOL! I read to the detriment of all household chores and sleep patterns! Finally got smart and became the librarian of my little (pop of less than 1000) town so I could get paid to talk books with people. Rofl

Anne Osterlund My town has less than 500 (I think).

Brianna I love this book. i am soo glad that you enjoy it.

Ange (MarmaladeLibby of Libby Blog) Schmelzer I got this in our HS LMC last year and thought the cover was good, but dismissed it! U have changed my mind! I think I'll try it now! :)

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I loved this book!

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Ok gotta have a little love story in here somewhere right?

message 12: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne Osterlund Yep.

message 13: by M. (new)

M. B. Getting my copy in the mail soon! I can't wait! :)