Amy Lane's Reviews > Strawberries for Dessert

Strawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton

Jan 29, 11

Luminous, absolutely luminous. Cole and Jonathan are so terribly wrong for each other, and, in the end, exactly what the other one needs. Cole's emotional fragility is heartbreaking, and Jonathan's dedication to his pride (while irritating) is completely understandable. Their slow, subtle immersion from a purely sexual relationship of convenience to something sublime and painful is a joy to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strawberries for Dessert.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

orannia I have the second book of this series in my TBR list - I adored the first one. It's good to know that the latter books are good :)

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Lane orannia wrote: "I have the second book of this series in my TBR list - I adored the first one. It's good to know that the latter books are good :)"

SOOO good. I have to admit, I didn't like Jonathan at first--both from the first chapter of this one and from where he shows up in The Letter Z--but by the end of this I REALLY love him, and Cole, of course, is a total sweetheart--adored from the start:-)

You should read these-- they're really awesome. (Angelo is still my favorite, though.)

orannia I look forward to meeting Angelo :) And I liked what I saw of Cole in Promises. Promises was fantastic - I loved how Matt didn't just jump in. It felt more real that he struggled with his decision, that he said at times he didn't know what to do (sexually :) Am looking forward to A to Z now! Have Truth in the Dark to finish first though :)

Mariana This series is really fantastic. If you haven't checked them out, MS as couple of free shorts on her website with Matt and Jared. There's also a novella due out on Valentine's Day.

orannia Oh, free shorts? I love Matt & Jared - thank you Mariana!

Just finished A to Z and loved Angelo to pieces! It's scary when a character says something that mirrors what you think so closely.

Chris orannia: Actually, one of the shorts is sort of important to read before you read this book. :)

orannia Would that be the first short? The one called...*checks* The Promise? If so, I loved it!

Chris Yes! That's the one. :)

orannia It got me all teary!

Chris Yup. Definitely the one. :D

orannia Just finished this book and...I loved it! Adored Cole, who all but broke my heart!

message 12: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Lane orannia wrote: "Just finished this book and...I loved it! Adored Cole, who all but broke my heart!"
Wasn't he wonderful? Yeah... my heart broke too...