Viohlet's Reviews > Four Dukes and a Devil

Jeaniene Frost - Devil to Pay: 3.5/5
Sophia Nash - Catch of the Century: 3.5./5
Tracy Anne Warren - Charmed By Her Smile: 4/5

***

I loved 'The Irish Duke' It was witty, and humourous, and dude I was totally close to tears by the end. I do wish more pages had been to allocated this novella though, as I liked it more than some of the others.
The main characters were great, but every other person in the story just pissed me off lol.

'The Duke Who Came to Dinner' was the one I liked least. I wasn't fond of the author's writing style, and the female lead annoyed me. She came across as a materialistic people-pleaser, who only did things because she thought other people would approve. Even when she tried to "change" she was still half-hearted and just plain stupid about it.

I liked 'Devil to Pay' but it was... different. It didn't have Jeaniene's usual flare and pizazz, and seemed almost like it had been written by someone else, who had permission to use another author's characters and settings. Like always, I loved Bones, but Cat seemed very out of character in her only scene. As for the new (and main) characers, I liked Blake, but I wasn't fussed on Elise. I just couldn't relate.

'Catch of the Century' was enjoyable and entertaining, up until the point where already existing characters entered the fray, and then at times it became hard to follow, and nearly impossible to tell who was saying what to who, who was doing this, or that. The female lead annoyed me at some stages - I'm all for headstrong female leads (wooo!) but sometimes, even I think they can be a bit too stubborn and independant. Sometimes you just need to accept help lol.

'Charmed By Her Smile' is tied with 'The Irish Duke' as my favourite of the novellas. Witty, humourous, angsty; for a novella this had it all. It was one of the best I've read, and it could easily have been made into a full length novel. I loved the lead characters, and I wish that Peter 'The Pest' Harte had been smacked in the face long before he was XD
This almost didn't end in a HEA, because it came right towards the end, and on one hand I'm glad that it did, but on the other, I could easily have perservered a bit more angst XD

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Dukes and a Devil.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Great Review, I was wondering about this. I have always enjoyed Cathy's writing

Viohlet Thanks. And it's definitely the best I've read by her so far.