Book Binge's Reviews > Animal Magnetism

Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis

Feb 05, 13

Reading a Jill Shalvis book never fails to put a smile on my face. Her characters are always charming, quirky and just the right amount of crazy to keep me interested in reading her stories. This book is no exception.

Brady Miller is passing through town to visit his brothers Dell and Adam Connelly. He doesn't plan on staying long because his lifestyle hasn't ever been about setting down roots. He's a fly by the seat of his pants kind of guy and he likes it that way. But when he meets Lilah Young and all of her many animals, he can't help but be intrigued.

This is the first book in the Animal Magnetism series and it's a good contemporary romance with two characters that just leap right off the pages and into your heart. I came to adore the heck out of Brady, issues and all and Lilah was a great match for him. She was funny, she was caring and her issues were normal everyday women issues. She wasn't this perfect heroine that is good at everything and she wasn't this total klutz that had no clue, she was a great mixture of both and I liked getting to know her.

The romance between her and Brady was hot and sweaty and perfect. I really enjoyed getting to know the both of them and the secondary characters really popped as well. Dell, Adam and Jade all rounded out a charming cast that had me laughing throughout the entire book.

This was a great start to the Anigmal Magnetism series and I'm so glad that I re-read this book because it made me giddy for more and really, I can't wait for Griffin and Kate's story. Can't freaking wait!

Grade: 4.5 out of 5

This review was originally posted on Book Binge by Rowena.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Magnetism.