Jess's Reviews > Eating Animals

Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer

Feb 24, 11

Read from January 28 to February 23, 2011

This is not the first book I've read on the subject and it probably won't be the last, but the majority of the information included were things that I already knew from other books and films. The most interesting parts were the stories about the independent farmers themselves and how they are working so hard to go against the grain of the factory farms that currently rule the industry. Vegetarian farmers, who knew?

I am still an omnivore and I can't see that changing anytime soon; mostly because it is very difficult to restrict your diet when you live in foreign countries that eat a lot of meat. And honestly, I like the taste and fullness that meat and other animal products provide. However, I do believe that the factory farming (particularly in the US) has gotten out of hand; what with their torture of animals that can't even move because they haven't been allowed to fully develop as nature intended and the injections of various chemicals to make them grow faster and supposedly taste better. While it would be nice to believe that we could return to the ways things used to be, it will take something drastic to do so.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eating Animals.