Chezon's Reviews > Just Wanna Testify: A Novel

Just Wanna Testify by Pearl Cleage

Aug 12, 11

Recommended to Chezon by: best friend
Recommended for: vampire fans
Read from August 04 to 12, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I really wish I could give this book 2.5 stars. I didn't hate it. It was just my least favorite of Pearl's books. (Let's just restate I am her biggest fan.)

What I realized is I was looking forward to catching up with the characters in the book. I'm well aware it's fiction. However, it's always had a touch of realism. However, with this novel, it was just too out there. I've not bought into the vampire phenomena-non that's overtaking the globe, so this felt a little forced on me. Of all of her novels, I'm eager to pass this one on. I'm already looking into what I can read next.

Sorry Pearl. I'll still remain a fan. I'll just have to wait for your next collective. This did NOT do it for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Wanna Testify.

Quotes Chezon Liked

“...no woman can love a weak man hard enough to make him strong.”
Pearl Cleage, Just Wanna Testify: A Novel

“Any time your life is at stake and you can't find even one woman to come forward and say, 'This is a good man,' your problem isn't what kind of woman THEY are. Your problem is what kind of men YOU are.”
Pearl Cleage, Just Wanna Testify: A Novel

08/04/2011 page 8
3.0% "Chapter 2 next. Didn't read as much as I wanted last night....."
08/09/2011 page 29
11.0% "headed into chapter 5"
08/10/2011 page 114
45.0% "I'm enjoying catching up with old characters. I'm not buying into the whole vampire angle yet...."
08/11/2011 page 154
60.0% "I'll be done soon. Found 3 great quotes. This hasn't been my favorite book."
08/12/2011 page 195
76.0% "I think I'm starting to figure out my feelings about this book"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina I really wonder why she went the route of vampires. She has such a solid fan base. I could challenge you for the "biggest fan" title, but I haven't read this one yet.