Chezon's Reviews > Just Wanna Testify

Just Wanna Testify by Pearl Cleage

Aug 12, 2011

it was ok
Recommended to Chezon by: best friend
Recommended for: vampire fans
Read from August 04 to 12, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I really wish I could give this book 2.5 stars. I didn't hate it. It was just my least favorite of Pearl's books. (Let's just restate I am her biggest fan.)

What I realized is I was looking forward to catching up with the characters in the book. I'm well aware it's fiction. However, it's always had a touch of realism. However, with this novel, it was just too out there. I've not bought into the vampire phenomena-non that's overtaking the globe, so this felt a little forced on me. Of all of her novels, I'm eager to pass this one on. I'm already looking into what I can read next.

Sorry Pearl. I'll still remain a fan. I'll just have to wait for your next collective. This did NOT do it for me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Wanna Testify.

Quotes Chezon Liked

Pearl Cleage
“...no woman can love a weak man hard enough to make him strong.”
Pearl Cleage, Just Wanna Testify

Pearl Cleage
“Any time your life is at stake and you can't find even one woman to come forward and say, 'This is a good man,' your problem isn't what kind of woman THEY are. Your problem is what kind of men YOU are.”
Pearl Cleage, Just Wanna Testify

08/04/2011 page 8
3.0% "Chapter 2 next. Didn't read as much as I wanted last night....."
08/09/2011 page 29
11.0% "headed into chapter 5"
08/10/2011 page 114
45.0% "I'm enjoying catching up with old characters. I'm not buying into the whole vampire angle yet...."
08/11/2011 page 154
60.0% "I'll be done soon. Found 3 great quotes. This hasn't been my favorite book."
08/12/2011 page 195
76.0% "I think I'm starting to figure out my feelings about this book"

message 1: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins I really wonder why she went the route of vampires. She has such a solid fan base. I could challenge you for the "biggest fan" title, but I haven't read this one yet.