Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews)'s Reviews > The Way of Kings

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

I finished my reread! And though it took me a lot longer than I thought, it was well worth it. This is one of the very best fantasy novels I've ever read - even on a third run-through. Detailed, complex, highly original worldbuilding complemented by nuanced, three-dimensional characters with a strong plot and a decent pace - especially for a 1,000 page tome. I can't wait for book two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way of Kings.

Quotes Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) Liked

Brandon Sanderson
“The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.”

Brandon Sanderson
“To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Here, in Alethkar, men often spoke of the legends -- of mankind's hard-won victory over the Voidbringers. But when weapons created to fight nightmares were turned against common soldiers, the lives of men became cheap things indeed.”

04/01/2012 page 19
2.0% "April 1st means readalong! I've been looking forward to a reread of this excellent fantasy."
04/01/2012 page 28
3.0% "
Here, in Alethkar, men often spoke of the lengends -- of mankind's hard-won victory over the Voidbringers. But when weapons created to fight nightmares were turned against common soldiers, the lives of men became cheap things indeed.
"
04/01/2012 page 61
6.0% "I forgot how good this gets and how fast."
04/19/2012 page 82
8.0% "I keep telling myself, "I will not read ahead, I will not read ahead.." because it is so tempting to do so. Very introductory so far - I want to get to the story!"
05/01/2012 page 145
14.0% "This chapters go too damn fast. Thoughts to come on the previous 5 soon."
05/22/2012 page 149
15.0% "Palice is NOT going to like that! Also: Piffle. I seem to have lost allll my written notes for this. Ah well, I can't look too long because I have a spare moment and that means read as much WoK as possible!"
05/23/2012 page 242
24.0% "Dalinar is just as awesome as I remember. Also: Wit! Amusing as ever." 1 comment
05/31/2012 page 589
58.0% "God, this book is good."
10/27/2012 page 745
73.0% "No matter how long a period of time it takes me to get a chance to read some more of this, I am always immediately sucked back into the story." 4 comments
10/27/2012 page 950
94.0% "That has to be one of the best battles I've read in fantasy, even knowing what will happen. Absolutely fantastic."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brandon I'm sure you posted this a while ago and I'm a bad GR Friend for not noticing it, but the chapters do move fast. I am a little ahead because of my library. And the book is like a train, it seems to pick up momentum as it goes.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Haha, no, just yesterday because I got a bit behind the last two weeks and had to catch back up! And the train simile is perfect for this book. I keep trying to write down my thoughts but all I want to do is keep reading :D

message 3: by Deniz (new) - added it

Deniz oh i love his books.. so this ones good too??

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) I looove this one. I've stalled on my reread due to sheer amount of other books I have to review, but it is great.

Sa'id Cortijo This is by far one of my favorite books. Just as good as The Name of the Wind

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) I agree on both counts. I love them both. I really can't wait for the sequel to this.