Clarissa's Reviews > Spy Glass

Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder

Jan 28, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I have really enjoyed reading Snyder's books. I find them to be a nice mind-numbing distraction. I can read it and not think about it too much. However, I didn't enjoy this one as much. What is with Opal? She sleeps with Devlin before she has a chance to break up with Kade? I liked Kade. Devlin tortured her. I know Valek told her that Devlin was good people, but when did Valek's opinion mean anything to Opal. I'm pretty sure she said in the book a few times, "I hate Valek." Then all of a sudden, she's married? To Devlin? I thought she didn't want to settle down, ie the problem with being with Kade. I couldn't keep up with her.

Oh, and finally we get an answer to what the heck the women do to avoid pregnancy. I kept wondering how that works. Apparently you just need to take a magical herb once a year. So what does that do exactly? Do you get to have your period? Is it kind of like the pill that keeps you from having your period that was famous a few years ago? I'm glad that it was at least addressed, but was unhappy with how that was done. Oh, and how exactly did Yelena get her hands on the herb before she and Valek take their clothes off? I wonder if the prison guards gave her some (sorry, that's a spoiler from Poison Study).

Also, how exactly did Devlin get out of his prison sentence? That was just a bit too easy I think. He was a warper. With how slowly things move in Sitia, his release, after he managed to escape prison, was a bit hard to swallow.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spy Glass.