Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > Dreamfever

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Feb 02, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-read-list, class-adult, all-time-best, genre-paranormal, lovehate-lovesong, genre-romance
Read from January 30 to 31, 2011

This is probably the darkest book from the series.

I don't know why but I love when a series comes to a point where the main character has gone through so much pain and loss that he or she kicks all plans and expectations and strikes out, creates new rules and upturns the chessboard. Though the two series are very different, I can compare Dreamfever with Richelle Mead's VA 4 Blood Promise - I got the same feeling for the two books - darkness, strenght, pain, change.

Mac 4.0 was ready to send to hell everybody who messed with her. She became dark, hard and brave, faced challenges head on and commanded respect. She turned from a meager pawn into a higher-level player.

Dani was amazing - brave but also caring, ready to do anything for her cause and her friends. She also brought some much needed sarcasm, brightened up the darkness with some laughter-insipirng thoughts and actions.

Fans of Barrons will love this installment - I know I did. He did the impossible for Mac, even though he was an idiot every now and again, too - but Barrons will be Barrons, and later on (book 5) we learn why he is so cold and tight-lipped.

And damn, after the cliff-hanger ending the third book, I thought it would be impossible for Moning to make an even worse one. But she did - it ended this one. I was just happy I had the fifth book because if I didn't I might have just pulled my hair out from frustration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamfever.

01/30/2011
50.0% "Eating these books up like they are chocolate - a sure I-love-them factor."

Diana~ I can't believe it tooke me so long to read this series. But I am really glad I did and oh my goodness, Barrons. I love who he is with Mac so much! Here's to hoping that they get a good ending together. ;)

Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) Diana~ wrote: "I can't believe it tooke me so long to read this series. But I am really glad I did and oh my goodness, Barrons. I love who he is with Mac so much! Here's to hoping that they get a good ending toge..."

Agree =)