Brittany's Reviews > Painless Childbirth: A Guide for a Drug Free, Joyful Birthing Experience

Painless Childbirth by Giuditta Tornetta

Mar 15, 11

bookshelves: parenting-and-homeschooling, self-help, feminism
Recommended for: Pregnant women
Read from January 19 to February 01, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Overall I thought this was an excellent book for preparing to give birth and I recommend it to any pregnant woman. It had great advice for mental and spiritual well being that could also be applied outside of childbirth. I had only half a chapter left to read when I actually went into labor with my 3rd child. I felt like this time I was able to manage contractions so much better than my previous labors, thanks to this book.

There were a few things I didn't like about the book. It was a bit too "new age" for me, but I was able to breeze over those parts and take just what I wanted from the book. Also, the author believes a drug-free, home birth is the absolute best way to have a child. I'm not quite convinced on those points, but she also has lots of advice for having a hospital birth, how to talk to the staff (which came in handy when I came across one nurse that was really getting on my nerves), etc.

I enjoyed the stories from various mothers and births and the loving "feel" of the book. I like how the author stresses having a positive attitude and adapting to circumstances that might be out of our control. I really did find this book empowering.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Painless Childbirth.

01/28/2011 page 167