Nicole's Reviews > Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker, Fatter, and Poorer-And What You Can Do About It

Food Inc. by Karl Weber

Jan 27, 11

bookshelves: 2010-11-read
Read in January, 2011

I picked up the book at my local library after hearing all the disgustingly interesting comments from my peers on how the movie changed their daily diet. I would have much rather watch the movie, but they didn’t have that available in my library.

Regardless, the book was very informative. I had trouble understanding some content because of my lack of knowledge on the food industry, but the range of the topics in the book were wide enough for me to comprehend 2/3 of it easily.

What I loved about the book is the “What Can You Do?” at the end of each chapter. It gave me some helpful suggestions on how I can help to make things better. I learned so much from this reading and even though it was a little bit dull, like reading a history textbook, it was educational. However, I feel like I’m more of a visual person, so maybe I should watch the movie as well. That might clear up some confusions I had with the book.

If you’re looking for something educational and not just for some guilty pleasure, try this book!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Food Inc..

Anna Movie was good. :)