Kate's Reviews > Be Mine, Valentine

Be Mine, Valentine by Krista Ames

Jan 27, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, anthologies

So far I have read Margaret Ethridge’s short story, Be Mine, picking up where Jack & Ellie had left off after New Year’s. I skipped ahead to it, mostly because I’m her fangirl, but I plan to go back and read the rest of them this weekend. (I just wish that the font Papyrus hadn’t been used on the cover graphic.)

I just loved Be Mine! From the cheesy valentines hearts, to the chocolates and the failed roses. The deadly shrimp scampi, the silly GPS system that wanted to turn Jack into Michael Scott! Ellie, like her career, is so flighty, and Jack, knowing from his career that when you find something good, you’ve gotta hold onto it, are the perfect match! I can’t wait to read more about them.

Valentina: The Untold Legend by Jennifer Johnson - It was certainly a cute story, but I'm not sure how it really fit in with Valentine's Day, other than the fact that the title character's name is Valentina. I like how the author tried to go for an older story-telling theme for this story.

The Red Dress by Amy Le Blanc - What an adorable story! I think I fell in love with Nate the second he stepped into the veterinary clinic. When I finished this story, I was sad because I just wanted to keep reading!

To be continued :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Mine, Valentine.

Margaret Thank you, Kate!