Pandora 's Reviews > Neptune's Children

Neptune's Children by Bonnie Dobkin

Sep 08, 2012

bookshelves: children-s, best-of-the-best, sci-fi-2nd-floor
Read in January, 2011

Just finished this book. The book has a slow start as it sets up the plot. Then you reach a point where you just have to finish the book. It just impossible to do anything else. It has been describe as part Lord of the Files, part Animal Farm, with a touch of Mickey Mouse. It is also has that great thing an A+++ ending. One in which the last sentence is so perfect that you couldn't do better.

One other thing about the book after reading some reviews. The book does suppose that you will buy into the plot. A diease that kills off the adults. I had read The Girl Who Owned a City and found this book to be much more believeable with this plot then The Girl Who Owned a City. At least in this one they took care of the santiation problem ie the dead adults.

I also think that although some adults might be uneasy about the book I think from a kid's point of view this book is a sure fire winner.

PS March 2012 - Looking this review over. Just wanted to add I can still remember the greatness of the characters especially the lead girl. I read a lot so any book that can still stand out after this much time has a lot going for it.

Reading it again
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neptune's Children.