Ken Kugler's Reviews > When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the Present

When Everything Changed by Gail Collins

Jan 27, 11

Read in January, 2011

As a New York Times columnist I expected a very readable book but I never expected such a great book.
As a Young Adult Librarian I was asked to submit a couple of titles and short reviews for Women's History Month. It had to be recent and in many libraries of our system. I started to read it to see if I should include it and I found I could not stop reading it. The stories are personal and uplifting. I remember the times and I thought I understood what was going on, after all I am a child of the 60's. I was amazed at how little I knew. I thought that it was great and did not understand how ingrained society was. I can from a liberal household in a very liberal area and did not realize the difficulties women were having to reach equality.
I did no nothing of the minorities struggle although thinking about it, I should have realized it was a harder struggle than it was for the white, mostly Jewish/liberal area I came from.
If you are looking for a great read that will enlighten you at the same time READ THIS BOOK.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Everything Changed.