Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash

Man, Oh Man!  Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash by Josh Lanyon

Oct 28, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from October 26 to 28, 2011

This book is clearly intended for writers, but I think it is interesting to read for readers too, for whom it represents a sort of insider's guide to m/m fiction. The book was written in 2008, more than three years ago. It may sound a bit outdated in maybe a couple of chapters, since e-publishing wasn't so big back then, but it also holds warnings about the evolution of the genre that have come to be. It was very interesting for me because it made me more aware of what works and doesn't work for me in a book, realizing that dissatisfaction comes sometimes from the technical aspects of writing. It also made me appreciate even more the beautifully crafted works of art among my favorite books.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash.

Charming Emanuela, this is exactly what I thought. I don't write fiction at all, but I love reading about the process, and this book definitely helped my fiction-appreciation skills.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Me too. It works as a palate cleanser :)

message 3: by Paola (new) - added it

Paola I agree with your review, Emanuela.
I've already read this book twice, and I found it invaluable. I also think it's made me more critical and appreciative of real quality over quantity, more aware of what I like and dislike in fiction, not just m/m fiction.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ It's true, it has a very practical approach to the basics of good fiction in general, and romance in particular.