Cleverly's Reviews > Wildwing

Wildwing by Emily Whitman

Jan 27, 11

I need to start out by saying this cover does not do this book justice. It actually doesn't fit the book. Your imagination can be free in Wildwing. The tale is more then star-crossed lovers. It's more like time-crossed lovers. Descriptions and details were well placed and fed the story into magical world. I wish Will had a bigger part in the book to get a better idea of his personality. As for Addy, I didn't care for her much. She was kind of an ungrateful girl. Towards the end she had better qualities about her. Her character really grew in the 359 pages. I was shocked by the twist in the book, I didn't imagine she would be able to get out of certain situations. This just goes to show you how well she had grown in this. Emily Whitman seemed to be able to play two era's together very well, they seemed to blend nicely.

I do plan on reading more of Emily Whitman's books. She currently has a book out called Radiant Darkness. Wildwing is a keeper. There was talk about sex, drinking and fighting, nothing to graphic. I do recommend this to anyone who likes a Star-crossed love, Time Travel, Quirky characters.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildwing.