Cassidy Charles's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe

Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Jan 27, 11

** spoiler alert ** O’Malley does a fantastic job of keeping the stakes up as the series progresses. Where volume 5 wrapped up, the score was Scott: 6, Evil Ex-Boyfriends: 0, with one more ex-boyfriend to go (Ramona dated a set of identical twins, separately).

But wait! Ramona has left Scott!

One is lead to believe that Scott is off the hook with this challenge, but then Gideon, Ramona’s most recent (and the most evil) ex-boyfriend, served Scott with marching orders. The final battle will be epic.

I have full-faith that Scott Pilgrim will defeat Gideon (it helps that, it wouldn’t be worth a series otherwise). Will Ramona come back, or will they continue their relationship? That I am not very sure of. Through this series, I have held on to Scott because he always finds the power in himself to beat the Ex. He is a slacker, and consistently falters, but he always gets back up and reminds everyone that he is capable of amazing things. I won’t be surprised if Scott defeats Gideon and turns down/breaks-up with Ramona. He needs that final battle to have it finally click within his brain that he is capable of amazing things, and can reach goals if he sets them. Ramona is a literary device to help Scott get along in life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe.