Ava Lambert's Reviews > Eggs

Eggs by Jerry Spinelli

F 50x66
Jan 27, 11

I thought that eggs was a very good book. I got really into this book. When my sister said to me "this a a really good book" i thought she must be kidding but as i read it i got more and more hooked into this book. This is a great book about friendship, fmaily, and loss. The main character in this book is a 9 year old boy named David. His mother died. So, now he lives with his grandmother. Which he thinks is horrible. He should be thankful for what he has, cause not everyone has a grandparent still alive. One of my dads clients husband died and she had no one else left. I think that was very sad. People shou;d be thankful of what you have.
In the beginning when primose and David just met David they had a little bit of a connection. And as the book went on there friendship grew stronger and they became closer. Like when David kept on telling stories to promise when they were stopping they journey to Philadelphia. I thought it was sweet of Primose to give David the last malt ball. This shows that they have a good bond. Also they both confessed there deepest secrets that no one new to eachither. Thats what i call good friends.
Primose has made David a whole new person. In the beginning David wouldnt talk to anyone. And all he would do is go to school then home. When he started to hang out with Primose he started to ccome out of his shell. Also after the police picked primose and David up and dropped them home David was more open to things. He was going to invite a kid named Tim. This was the boy who stunk at yo-yo and David would not talk to him in the beginning of the book.And now he wants to invite him. Overall, i think that this book was very good
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eggs.