Becky's Reviews > The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us? the Answer That Changed My Life and Might Just Change the World

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns

Jul 14, 11

bookshelves: audio-book, faith, read-in-japan
Read from January 27 to July 14, 2011

What does God expect of us? Jesus called his disciples to change the world. Are we called to do the same?

Richard Stearns is the CEO of World Vision. He starts the book with how God called him to that and then talks about the way God has been working on his heart to change his views of the poor in our world and what others have done to change the lives of people who live in poverty.

Really, really good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hole in Our Gospel.

Quotes Becky Liked

Richard Stearns
“A church that's lost it's voice for justice is a church that's lost it's relevance in the world.”
Richard Stearns, The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us? the Answer That Changed My Life and Might Just Change the World

02/23/2011 page 75
06/23/2011 page 150
47.0% "Richard Stearns shares a lot of things that are happening in the world that many of us Christians turn a blind eye to. How can we stop this and start to see a difference for the poor in our World?"
06/23/2011 page 175
55.0% ""A church that's lost it's voice for justice is a church that's lost it's relevance in the world." Woah. So amazing because it's true."
07/04/2011 page 230
72.0% "Thinking of the money in my possession as something God has given me to use for his purpose vs. thinking of it as my own."
show 2 hidden updates…