Rahel's Reviews > The Seven Dials Mystery

Jan 26, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in January, 2011

This book was awesome!

The story starts off with a house party on the country side where everyone is having a splendid time. One of the members is sort of a late riser and the other guests play a joke on him involving eight "alarum clocks". The next morning he's found dead ... accidental overdose of a sleeping drug.
Some time later an other member of the weekend party gets shot and the suspicion of murder is confirmed. The last words of the victim were "Seven Dials" ... what do they mean? ... is there a connection to the only seven alarum clocks which were found next to the first victim?

Agatha Christie's writing style is just beautiful. The story was brilliantly done. Told from different views ... which in this case I really liked.
As always I didn't get the murderer right. I suspected nearly everyone but the actual killer, who was revealed on the very last few pages. To me the ending took quite some twist and nothing, really nothing was as exspected.

This one became one of my favourite Christie books along with "And then there were none" and "The Orient Express".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Dials Mystery.