Jen A.'s Reviews > Secrets to the Grave

Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag

Jan 27, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from January 26 to 27, 2011

A brutal murder and a 4-year-old witness left (barely) alive start off this fantastic, yet often gruesome, mystery/thriller. Hoag is accomplished at drafting a story that covers all bases and works hard to hold onto its surprises until the end; this book is no exception.

As I read along with murder mysteries, I always try to guess "whodunit." This book had me barking up all the wrong trees until just before the final reveal, when the situation turned down an unexpected street. A good mystery with lots of potential killers, a very experienced profiler and his new wife, a child advocate. A competent police force (you're never staring at the pages screaming, "Why don't you SEE IT?!"). And the hanging shadow of a case thought to be solved but that has yet gone to trial, leaving frayed nerves behind.

If you have the stomach for some of the scenes, or for a glimpse into the minds of some seriously disturbed people, then I would definitely have to recommend this book to you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets to the Grave.

01/26/2011 page 72