Kate 's Reviews > Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance

Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin

Feb 03, 11

Read from January 26 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy

JENNA AND JONAH'S FAUXMANCE, by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin, is an absolutely charming and romantic book that is based on a teen tv-show couple. 'Jenna' and 'Jonah' are the teen stars of a show that children and adults alike are facinated with. Their on-screen romance lead to fans encroaching on their real life romance that paparazzi and tabloids exploit. To keep the show and their jobs, Charlie and Fielding keep the rouse alive until a rumor threatens their livelyhood and their fauxmance.

Okay, normally I am not much of a gusher, but beware I am going to gush! I sat down to read it, and two hours later I was finished and completely enamored. This book was so lovely. Franklin and Halpin created some noteworthy characters. These two teens were thrust into the Hollywood life too young and their real personalities were deeply hidden under their facade of a life together as a couple. Charlie had wanted to become a legitimate actor but her job took over her whole life and she couldn't shake 'Jenna' offscreen. Fielding was the sweetest gem. I defintely fell in love with this character. When Charlie and Fielding spent time away from the spotlight, their real feelings for each other bloomed and I raced through the book to find out if they would be able to work out in the real world. Don't worry, I won't tell!

These two authors created a journey I never expected to go on. The ups and downs of these struggling characters made me laugh and cry throughout the book. I enjoyed the shifting POVs between Charlie and Fielding. I was prvy to information that the other was not and it was exciting watching the tension build between these two. Overall, great teen chick-lit. Great story, great characters, swoon-worthy boy. A dangerous trifecta!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance.