Leanne Bell's Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie

I wasn't sure what to think of this at first and since I don't have as much time now, all my reviews will be pretty short. But I don't think I need a lot of words for this to be honest.

Sitting here nearly two months later I honestly can't say I remember much of what happened. So anyone reading this needn't fear the wrath of spoilers. Honestly, If I remember correctly there was one major revelation and then nothing and I felt like I was reading a lot of stuff that I found irrelevant.

I'm really sorry to sum this book up into one word, because god I loved Matched, but I found this book, well, boring.
It wasn't all doom and gloom and the writing was well done and the characters portrayed brilliantly but it lacked a lot of depth, action and development of plot.

Will I read Reached? Of course I will. I have high hopes for it and I really want to know how this trilogy ends so yes I'm hoping really badly that Miss Condie can pull off an epic third book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.

03/05/2012 page 68
03/05/2012 page 157
43.0% "I'm not liking this as much as matched, but we'll see..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alexandra (AlexEatsBooks) Oh dear, I don't like the sound of that... :S

Leanne Bell I was surprised too, it's not that it's awful just that there's nothing really good. bizarre. I think the best way i can put it is that bar from a couple of bits of info, u cud probably skip this and read the third. Maybe it's just me