Paul Pessolano's Reviews > Left Neglected

Left Neglected by Lisa Genova

Jan 26, 11

liked it

Most of you who read my reviews know how much I enjoyed and learned from Lisa Geona's first book, "Still Alice". A book that gave me a better, deeper, and more compassionate understanding of Alzheimer's disease.

I firmly believe that Genoa's second book, "Left Neglected" will enjoy the same success.

"Left Neglected" tells the story of Sarah Nickerson and her family. Sara is a multi-taker like no other. She is not only taking care of her family, but also has a high powered job that is very demanding.

Sarah's life changes drastically one day when driving to work, she becomes distracted when using her cell phone and is injured in an accident. Sarah is diagnosed with the unusual condition of Left Neglect. Although there seems to be nothing wrong with her, she is unable to perceive anything on her left side.

Sarah and her family are now faced with some serious decisions. She finds that she must now accept help from her mother whom she has been separated from for years, and she is also faced with the fact that without her income a drastic change has to be made to their lifestyle.

Lisa Genoa has a knack for telling stories about people who must overcome serious problems, and gives the reader a better understanding and compassion for those fighting against what seem to be unbeatable odds.

A beautifully told story that tells of overcoming tragedy, and the good that can come out of adversity.

This is a must read for those who enjoyed "Still Alice".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Left Neglected.