Amelia Guo's Reviews > Jukstaposisi: Cerita tuhan Mati

Jukstaposisi by Calvin Michel Sidjaja

Jan 26, 2011

Read in January, 2007

This is the first book that gave me shivers. A story fabricated in a surreal world with an insanely deep plot, inspired from many religious myths. I find the figure of speech and plot depth very enjoyable as they rush my brain to think about the plot. The novel lacks character plot but that is to be expected from a story so surreal where its characters are deeply mysterious. This lack of character plot actually urges you to go inside your own imagination and knowledge about various mythos, very engaging.

The second best part of the book is the way the story is presented. The prologue and epilogue are exceptionally amazing, shattering whatever foundation you stood on before reading them even though they are only a few pages long.

A surreal book like this is not for everyone, though. You would only enjoy it if you like surrealism, philosophy, symbolism, thinking and uncovering meanings by your own means. This novel reflects the author's creativity, vast knowledge in religious myths and great story presentation. Read this book if you want something different that would push your brain to the edge of a cliff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jukstaposisi.

03/16/2016 marked as: read