Sayoko's Reviews > Naked

Naked by Megan Hart

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, romance

The male lead, Alex, became instantly one of my favorite characters when I read Tempted in 2008, so I was eagerly waiting for this book. Happily I wasn't disappointed. I give Naked a B+. I would have given it an A if only Alex had been less mysterious and distant. The focus of the book is Olivia, not him, sadly. [yes, I am an Alex fangirl!]
Still, I liked it much better than Tempted, which was a little too bitter for me. This novel is more of a romance compared to some of Hart's novels, but it's still in her style.
I found the ending believable and rewarding. So much better than those Disney-like fairytale romance endings.
The writing is always remarkable, especially if compared to the average fare in contemporary romance, where it's so hard to find authentic and distinctive writer's voices.
As to the sex scenes, I'm happy to say that I haven't found them repetitive or unnecessary, as was the case with Deeper and Dirty.
I wouldn't suggest to read this book without having read Tempted first. But really, I would suggest anyone to buy most of Megan Hart's novels^^
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked.