Gen's Reviews > Is It Just Me?: Or is it nuts out there?

Is It Just Me? by Whoopi Goldberg

Feb 07, 2011

bookshelves: celebrities
Recommended for: anyone who dislikes bad manners, especially in public
Read from January 26 to February 07, 2011

I've been a Whoopi fan for a while. This book seemed like it would be a nice read. I think Ms. Goldberg hit the nail on the head with this one. I'm so glad someone wrote a book about the growing trend of more and more people displaying bad manners, rude behavior and being inconsiderate. Sometimes these behaviors can be overlooked, because not everyone has the same experiences or upbringing. But constant rudeness is unacceptable. Whoopi said it best, "please and thank you are a must"! It only takes a second to throw in a please and a thank you and people usually respond well to it. It sounds much more polite than give me this or that. And please, please, if someone does something nice for you, please take a second to thank them. It really shows your gratefulness and good manners. It bothers me when I hold open a door for someone or try to do something nice for them and they don't even bother to say thank you. I think we'll all do well to try and do unto others as we want done unto us. Good book!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Is It Just Me?.

01/30