Melissa's Reviews > Aurelia

Aurelia by Anne Osterlund

Jan 26, 2011

it was ok
Read on January 26, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Meh. Just not a fan of this one. I read the prologue and then the first sentence of this book "On the night of her younger sister's coming out party, Aurelia almost died" and I thought "The sister did it". Honestly. That's what I thought. Even though the next sentence says she almost died from boredom... I still thought it was the sister. And guess what? It was the sister!!! Then there were some red herrings thrown in. And so I changed my mind about the sister and started to suspect Chris... lo and behold... he was part of the problem. Blah.

I didn't like Aurelia. She wasn't strong... she was obnoxious. And her love interest - Robert? He was boring. Very, very boring. The romance was lackluster. And the writing felt like the author was trying too hard. The descriptions got old and I grew tired of reading through them.

That being said...I was curious to see why the sister was doing what she was doing. The book was clean and so I finished reading it. Now... onto something else!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aurelia.