Kati's Reviews > Middle School Is Worse Than Meatloaf: A Year Told Through Stuff

Middle School Is Worse Than Meatloaf by Jennifer L. Holm

Jan 26, 2011

bookshelves: juvenile
Read in January, 2011

Jennifer L. Holm tells the story of a middle-schooler's life "through stuff". Each page is different -- entries include school assignments, report cards, notes back and forth between the main character Ginny and her mom, others between Ginny and her friend Becky Soo. You get a feel for how Ginny sees life and deals with various situations through these documents, as well as her "Big To Do List" -- which changes as the year progresses. There is a bit of a story that happens throughout as well -- mysterious things happen and over time you are able figure out who is responsible because of the things Ginny has included. This was a very cute and quick read! I think students in 5-8th grades will really enjoy this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Middle School Is Worse Than Meatloaf.

Jonathan Is that ours and when I get home
can I readit if I am done with big nate
love you miss you to

Jonathan love your pic

Kati We don't own it, but it's in the school library, you can check it out from there. I love you and miss you too.