B.K. Walker's Reviews > Gabriel's Mate

Gabriel's Mate by Tina Folsom

Feb 21, 11

bookshelves: bk-s-library, vampire-challenge-2011
Read on January 26, 2011

Gabriel's Mate is Book 3 in the Scanguards Series and was even better than Venice Vampyr. The more books I read by Tina Folsom, the more I want.

All Gabriel ever wanted was to be accepted and loved by a woman. Whne his wife screamed in horror the night of their wedding, deeming Gabriel as a monster, she did more to him than leave a scar on his face after slicing him with a knife.

Now, centuries later, Gabriel is second in command with the Scanguards - security for hire. When his boss, Samson, calls upon him to secure a newly turned vampire so he can take his human wife to safety, Gabriel gets more than he bargained for.

Maya is the most beautiful woman he's ever laid eyes on. Gabriel finds an unexplainable, instant attraction to her. When they realize somethings going wrong with the turning process, the pain of his own turning surfaces in a vivid memory and Gabriel feels the need to protect Maya, no matter what it might cost him.

In search of the rogue vampire that did this to Maya, we see both character grow in self, and in each other. I absolutely loved Gabriel - so gentle and full of compassion despite his position and power in the house. He has so much to offer to the one that would only allow it.

Maya's spunk was the perfect mix in this relationship. I loved how she had to learn to trust and yet maintain her own independence.

Zane is the one that I hope we see broken down a bit, not literally but emotionally. I really just want to know his story, which I think could be a book in itself.

Yvette was kick-ass! She's one you would want as a friend and have fighting on your side.

Then there's Thomas - who wouldn't love Thomas? Everyone loves Thomas and he's a great mentor to teach new vampires the ropes.

I know I don't usually divulge on individual characters, but I just loved all of them. Though this was the third book in the series, this book could very well stand alone. I don't make it a habit to read out of order, but I don't feel I missed too much by reading ahead.

I love Folsom's writing and it always has the perfect mis of sex and suspense. So be forewarned *grinning*.

I give Gabriel's Mate ***** (5) Stars. Fantastic read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gabriel's Mate.

01/26/2011