Rochelle's Reviews > Just Another Hero

Just Another Hero by Sharon M. Draper

Apr 25, 11

Read from January 25 to April 10, 2011

I thought this book “Just Another Hero” by Sharon M. Draper was a good book and would recommend it to others. On of the things I liked about the book was how it things got flipped. For example, in the Battle of Jericho, the first book in the Jericho trilogy, Arielle was a rich, popular girl who was also mean to people at times. But in this book it was the opposite. “Hey, Arielle! Over Here. You gonna eat or what?” (page 54).I love this quote because even though Arielle used to be mean to her old friends they learned to finally forgive her for the past. I also like how she wasn’t rich anymore but was still content with that. “You know, the ladies who end up at a shelter for battered women have been through so much, tons worse than me and my mom. I’ve learned a lot by listening to their stories.” (page 203). This quote showed that Arielle decided to look at her situation optimistically rather than pessimistically. I also like that there was a crazy spin at the end of the book. “I know who the theif is!” “Who is it?” “It’s Miss Pringle!” (page 234) This quote had me shocked because not only was it a teacher who did this but also I really assumed it was someone else and I was so wrong. All and all this is a great book and I think it’s worth reading. But I would advise that you read this book last since it’s the final one of the trilogy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Another Hero.

02/17/2011 page 112