Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria's Reviews > Desire for Three

Desire for Three by Leah Brooke

Jan 25, 2011

bookshelves: four-star-books, top-100-fave-books, favourite-rereads

I'm giving this five stars because I absolutely love all of Leah Brooke's stories and even though her writing is simple and not going to be praised down the centuries, I just find her stories to be engaging, straight forward and just a plain enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

The Desire series is set in the mythical (bummer!) town of Desire being made up of mostly menage or BDSM relationships. The town was set up as a place for people to have these types of relationships without worry of outside interference and prejudices. The men cosset and adore and protect their women. The women enjoy great sex and companionship, and feel well-loved, safe and protected. Some relationships are BDSM, but the majority of them are polyamorous with multiple men and one woman. I suppose it's a rose coloured glasses situation, but it sure would be nice to think a town like this could exist.

I just enjoy these stories so much! I know when I pick up one of Leah's books I'm going to not put it down till I've finished it! They are not long novels, but long enough to develop the characters and you spend enough time with them to come to like them very much. Although I do enjoy the BDSM ones, I am not such a fan of it, I absolutely love the menage books. At the time of writing this review she has put out five Desire books, two BDSM and three menage. The next one is menage, and I just can't wait!

So basically the five stars reflects my overall feeling of enjoyment of the book/series, rather than the literary value, if you know what I mean! I wish Leah would bring these out much quicker, I've reread these so many time, I need more new ones!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desire for Three.