Annie Cat's Reviews > Running Out of Time

Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix

May 25, 2007

I got this book at the Book Fair in grammar school!

I read it and LOVED it so much that I made my mother read it. She also loved it.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the movie "the Village" is totally based on this book??

Having read this in te 8th grade, when the M. Night Shyamalan movie came out, I felt I already knew all the twists and turns because it was so similar to this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Out of Time.

Lara Lleverino I felt the same way. There was very little suspense for me reading this book because I kept wondering who copied who.

Heather Same here! While watching the movie 'the village', the parents acting like they had a secret, and they had a 'box' that no one was suppose to go near (i think thats what it was, been a couple years since i've seen it)
but yeah, i had an idea that that would be the twist. so it was no surprise when she was told. and yeah i also wondered who copied who.
I told people but since I couldn't find out the name of the book (till now) no one really believed me that I had read a book that was very very very similar to the movie. now they will! Since I have two other ppl that say the same thing

Kaeli I am sure the book came first I remember when the village came out, I never saw it but I know I had already read Running out of time