Josephine's Reviews > If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You

If You Have to Cry, Go Outside by Kelly Cutrone

Jan 25, 11

Read in November, 2010

I could never really get into the faux “reality” shows on MTV like “The Hills” or “The City” because the people on those shows were tedious and maddening.

That being said, I always found Kelly Cutrone, the founder of the publicity firm, People’s Revolution (where both stars of “The Hills” and “The City” worked) to be the sort of woman I wish I could work for.

By her own account, she says that she’s been called a bitch and a cunt because she’s always been upfront in saying what she thinks — but I don’t think she’s either of those things.

If anything, I wish I had a manager like her because she strikes me as the type of person who doesn’t take any bullshit and who likes to run a tight ship. She’s someone who leads by example and is scarily good at what she does.

She’s the sort of person I respect because I think that, if I worked for her, she would be an actual mentor who could help take me to the next level of my own skill set.

I think the best way people can lead is by example and from what I’ve seen on those odd commercials for “The City” or “Kell On Earth” I think she’s a very good example of someone who’s focused and good at what she does.

I remember this one commercial where she’s shown breaking up a spat between two thin bitches and she snaps, “If you guys have a problem, take it outside! This isn’t fucking group therapy!”

Her book, “If You Have To Cry Go Outside” is a fabulously easy read and I couldn’t put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Have to Cry, Go Outside.