Kristin's Reviews > The Zombie Curse: A Doctor's 25-Year Journey Into the Heart of the AIDS Epidemic in Haiti

The Zombie Curse by Arthur M. Fournier

Dec 26, 11

Read from December 19 to 23, 2011

It was good. It's no literary masterpiece but the message is good. I love hearing about the things Americans do for other countries in terms of medical advances and helping the poor but sometimes, I wonder, "Well, what about our own backyard? There are plenty of Americans without proper medical care, safe and healthy living conditions, and proper nutrition. What are we doing to help them?" Why is it such a great and wonderful thing when we read books and articles about all these great things that are happening in other countries but we cannot help our own neighbors? I'm sure most people would say "It's not my problem. They should be able to help themselves. There are plenty of resources." Well, isn't that true for people in other countries? They should be able to help themselves, right? I think I'm getting a little off track but I just feel like sometimes, we should put more effort into helping our own. They are no less deserving than others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zombie Curse.

12/20/2011 page 32