Riv's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

bookshelves: 2nd-of-series
Read on August 01, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Originally posted at: rivreads.blogspot.com

Midway Mention:
Thus far into the book, the Iron Daughter shares the same fate as many other sequels; coming nowhere near meeting the high standards set by the previous book. To start with, the summary was wrong. Most of the summary talks about Meghan's stay in the Winter court, which ends early on. Then there are her conflicting feelings for Ash. She keeps wondering if he loves her or was playing her, but the answer is quite obvious. Wrongly emphasized summaries are one of the things that always gets on my nerves.
I really felt for Meghan when she learnt more about Ariella, Ash's first love. Puck said something to Meghan, and it was predictable and cliche`, but she should have accepted it anyways.
The book takes some unexpected twists, forcing me to stop at an intense moment. It's been a bit predicable but very climactic. I'm excited to continue reading.
Rating So Far: *** 3 stars
Stopped At: Part 2, Chapter 13, Charles and the Redcaps, Page 183

Continued Review:
After the first half, the book took a turn for the better. It became brilliant and intense, always leaving you on the edge of your seat, glued to the pages as you waited for the rest. Though there were slow parts in the beginning, the second half was brilliant.
Characters: Meghan was strong and tough, but smart. She knew better than to charge into battle like a weakling. And she's also capable of emotions, so she's not just a hard shell. Puck comes back after his little disappearance, and he's his usual awesome, fearless self. And then we have Ash. Oh, man, Ash. He's also really awesome, except he was a bit too angsty for my taste. He was all about "I want to but I can't" and "It's my duty alone" and "I'm too much of an idiot to accept help". Okay, maybe he'd didn't say the last one, but it was implied.
Team Ash vs Puck: In terms of who I like better, I'm in love with Puck. He's sooo awesome!! As for who Meghan should pick, Team Ash. But, she already picks at the end of this book.
The ending. Oh, wow, the ending. I was sitting there for a moment, stunned. It's sooo awesome!! I love the ending, and I'm soooo excited for the next book! I was rocking back and forth moaning for a bit as I got over the aftershock. Any complaints I had about the book were obliterated with that ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

Quotes Riv Liked

Julie Kagawa
“You're here, and the only dance I want is this one.”

Julie Kagawa
“She pulled up Ash's shirt, revealing a layer of gauze that was just beginning to seep blood onto the mattress. "At least the bandaging was done properly," she mused. "Very nice, clean work. Your handiwork, I presume, Goodfellow?"
"Which one?"
"The bandage, Robin."
"Yeah, that was mine, too.”

Julie Kagawa
“You look like crap, prince. Did you miss me?"

-Puck”