Ni_kii's Reviews > Make Me, Sir

Make Me, Sir by Cherise Sinclair

Feb 25, 11

bookshelves: bdsm, alpha-male, dreamy-men, steamy
Read on February 01, 2011

This review can also be found at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot....

Favourite quote from this book "100,000 sperm and you were the fastest"

I have issues with restraint. So many issues that this book was bought on PDF to read on my kindle (which is a pain in the ass by the way) but it was worth it! I noticed a change in Sinclairs writing in master of the abyss. The writing was less short story-like and more like a fully fleshed out novel. I have loved every single one of her books but these last two were fully fleshed out erotic novels with a fabulous suspense driven side story.

Master Marcus kinda hooked me in Cullens story. The man with the sharp suits and southern drawl......yum! I can honestly say Im pretty sure I'd struggle saying no to him but that is what Gabi has to do! Gabrielle is a social worker working undercover in Shadowlands, with the FBI, to smash a human trafficking ring who are targetting stubborn submissives to be sold to the highest bidder to be "broken" . I always think that it is brave of an author to use such a side story but Sinclair did it justice. The lengths that Gabi went to to be seen as stubborn was quite heartbreaking (as, as with all Sinclairs heroines, she was damaged) because she truely wanted this ring to be stopped and get the women back. Marcus had to take her on as a Trainee and, although he doesn't try to, he can't help but feel drawn in by the little sub who seems to be going against her true nature to get punished. No-one but Z knows why Gabi is there which leads to some awkward misunderstandings with Jessica and a bit of a nightmare with the unusual lengths that Master Marcus uses to get to the bottom of his little sub.

I loved Marcus. I'm afraid Cullen has ruined me for all other Masters but Marcus could come a close second. He is strict, charming and completely relentless! His punishments were unusual (there is a scene with a piece of ginger that Terry Pratchett would be proud of) but never made me feel squirmy. The lengths that he went to to try to get to the bottom of her fears were typical of a Dom in love (I didn't need Cullens comment of "another one bites the dust" to figure this one out) and the man was like chocolate all the way through...all smooth, tasty and completely sweet! I did like Gabi. She wasn't a ball-buster like Andrea but still had enough guts for me not to hate her. I'm never going to like a book where the woman hasn't got a little bit of balls and spirit about her. The lines she came out with to get the Masters annoyed with her made me cry with laughter (I liked when she called Raoul Munchkin) and I actually felt for her when she realised that she was actively destroying her burgeoning relationship (against her submissive nature) with Marcus for the good of the case.

I recommend this book. You don't need to read the others (although they are in it its only as side story) but reading Jessica's story could be good as her and Z feature in this book quite heavily towards the end. Marcus still comes in second to Cullen but I'd still get chased aroud the capture gardens by him any day of the week :) Now off to petition Ms Sinclair for a book about either Vance, Galen or Raoul :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Make Me, Sir.

Quotes Ni_kii Liked

Cherise Sinclair
“Gabi to Marcus "I can't believe out of one hundred thousand sperm, you were the fastest!”
Cherise Sinclair, Make Me, Sir