Sharon's Reviews > Black Wings

Black Wings by Christina Henry

Jan 26, 11

Actually I give this 3.5 stars. First off I really enjoyed this story. It is a clever twist on the angel mythology. This story straddles the fence between being a good book and a great one. I really like the characters (especially Beezle, the gargoyle) and I think as the author becomes more comfortable with them they will truly shine. This has all the things I love in a UF/PNR, interesting world building (clever!), humor and smexy men. Madeline has her fair share of eligible men vying for her attention;) I am a dialogue loving reader and Henry delivered often:

"Frankly, demonic threats get a little boring after a while. It's always 'I'll pull your beating heart out of your chest' or 'I'll suck your eyeballs out of your skull'. They haven't had any new material in a couple millennia," Beezle said." (I did mention how much I love Beezle )

I love this visual:

"As I walked into the bedroom I saw Beezle exactly where I'd expected him to be-perched on my dresser, arms crossed, opening and closing his wings (like) an annoyed little metronome."

I am looking forward to the next book Black Night.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Wings.