Tiffany's Reviews > Bumpy Landings

Bumpy Landings by Donald J. Carey

Jan 25, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads, teen, young-adult, romance, positive-growth-learning
Read from January 25 to February 21, 2011

This story was a well written thought provoking story. I think the reason that I liked it so well was that I so identified with the main character. I liked that the main character dealt with real life problems and choices. I liked that the main character grew throughout the book and was able to see the things that could help him be a better person.
I love the descriptions that the author used to describe Hawaii and the sites that the character saw. I love that the character in the book hasn't lost his love for the state. I like that he didn't give up.
This book is worth the read because the main character is so identifiable. Jordan MacDonald starts out with so many things stacked against him, but eventually he learns what it means to be himself. The other thing that Jordan is able to do is stand up for himself.
The only thing that was tough about this read was how difficult Jordan's mother is. I have a hard time with this mother and really hope that people who have this type of mother learn from this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bumpy Landings.

01/25/2011 "Just got this in the mail today. So excited to get it started."
02/15/2011 ""Hey, lover boy. When I asked you to 'pick up' my auntie, that's not what I meant.""
02/20/2011 page 138
54.0% "He saw in you goodness, righteousness, honesty."
02/20/2011 page 149
58.0% "Beware0 of the forces that would threaten your integrity. Know who you are and what you stand for, and remain steadfast in the defense of what is right. That is true integrity."
02/20/2011 page 206
80.0% "Maybe his situation wasn't as hopeless as he had feared."
show 1 hidden update…