Rosemarie's Reviews > Moondogs

Moondogs by Alexander Yates

Jan 25, 11

Read in January, 2011

Moondogs

I only have one problem, I do not like this book it is all over the place.
There were times when I thought, "ok I get this now" then I don't. It is a bit hard to keep my mind wrapped around it
What I did get out of it was that, Benico, Benny, who lives in Virginia, had a mother who died in January in Chicago. Benico's Father Howard lives in the Philippines. Now Howard wants to try a reconciliation with his son, he asks him to come to the Philippines. When Benico arrives he cannot find his father, he is angry that his father appears to be playing his usual games. But it doesn't take too long for him to find out that his father had been kidnapped. The kidnapper is a drug addict/taxi driver that is trying to find some terrorists group to buy Benico's American father. Howard is in the Hotel business making him a good target for kidnappers.
In his quest to find his father's kidnappers Benico has to face the fact that his father is an objectionable character, even though he really does mean to do the right thing by his son

Oh did I mention the Rooster? Kelog, apparently the rooster has the coloring of a Kellogg cereal box, ergo the name Kelog. His likeness is featured on the cover of this book.
If you are into intrigue then you will probably enjoy this
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moondogs.