Kristy's Reviews > I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

2079018
Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fluff-n-stuff, special-ops-military-mercenary
Read from January 24 to 25, 2011

This was a cute book, and I realized I would be a terrible spy, because I would not have been able to keep all my kick butt abilities a secret when someone ticked me off. I loved when they were on their missions, and I'm so glad Josh got to see some of Cammie's awesomeness. I'm a little unsure about the ending. I'm happy with all the decisions made on Cammie's part, but I don't like how aloof Josh seemed to be at the end. Also, I didn't feel like Josh was a very well developed character, which made me wonder if he is a permanent part of the series or not. I didn't feel very attached to him at the end of the book.

Another thing was the kissing scene. I really feel as though Ally Carter took the easy way out with that one. Kind of disappointing.

But I did laugh out loud a couple of times, there were some funny commentary. It was cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Quotes

This first quote was about the new spy at their school, who was teaching the class on Covert Ops. He was described in the paragraph before this quote as "gorgeous.

"Hello." It was the exact same thing Mr. Mosckowitz had said, but oh how it was different. "Welcome to the Gallagher Academy. I hope you're considering joining us," he said, but I'm pretty sure Macey, Bex, and I all heard, I think you're the most beautiful woman in the world, and I'd be honored if you'd bear my children. (Really, truly, I think he said that.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This next quote is between Macey and Cammie. Macey is a new girl at the school, with a lot of attitude and is not really well liked at the school. She just happened to walk in on Cammie and her friends after they went out on a fact finding mission to gain more information about a boy Cammie liked.

"So, what's his name?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I shot back, way too quickly for the lie to be any good. [...]

"Oh, come on," Macey said with a roll of her eyes. "It's been, what? Two weeks?" I was shocked. Macey cocked he head and asked, "You been to second base yet?"

There are entire books in the Gallagher Academy library about female independence and how we shouldn't let men distract us from our missions, but all I could do was look at Macey McHenry and say, "You think I could get to second base?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is quote is when she saw Josh again. She was very secretive about her personal life because he can't know that she goes to a spy school.

"I haven't seen you around at all lately."

"Oh." I shot upright. "I was in Mongolia."

Note to self: learn to be a less extreme liar.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You.