Emily's Reviews > Absolute Power

Absolute Power by David Baldacci

Jan 25, 11

Read in January, 2011

A good friend of mine has recommended David Baldacci books to me in the past and I never had time to check him out until now. I'm glad she recommended him.

Absolute Power is set in Washington D.C. and is about Secret Service Agents, The President, The Chief of Staff, lawyers and the filthy rich. Nothing better, right? I love me some political/lawyer drama.

The book starts out with the heist of the very rich Walter Sullivan, but during the robbery the burglar is surprised by the lady of the house and a very important visitor. He then witnesses a murder and cover up that no one would believe.

The book started out kind of slow and I was already to jump into the action but after the back stories were all laid out it flew by. I stayed up until almost 2 am finishing it last night. It was nice, even though you knew who did it and who was covering what up, to see how the police uncovered the evidence and the other bumps along the path. I didn't think it was outrageous or that there were any reaaaalllly unbelievable parts (I hate that about books). I thought it was a good, fun, thrilling read. It would also make an excellent movie.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolute Power.

message 1: by moi (new) - rated it 4 stars

moi Oh yes, excellent movie material. This is my first book of Baldacci and I'm completely enjoying it. I guess now I'm going to read his other work.