Gabby's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Feb 06, 11

bookshelves: e-books, action-adventure, paranormal-romance, favorites, unforgettable, fantasy
Read from January 30 to February 04, 2011

in the 3rd book of the iron fey series meghan and ash were exiled from nevernever cause of their forbidden love, so they'll try living in the mortal wold but it seems like the iron fey is still following Meghan Chase wherever she goes...So she must put a stop on the Iron Kingdom for good.

BOOK REVIEW

THINGS I LOVE:

* Meghan's Character Progression - Wow! i thought Meghan would just be as annoying as the two previous books. cause in the two previous books she just keeps on crying and crying. Crying cause Ash ignored her, Crying cause Ash is not destined to be with her (blah,Blah). but OMG! in this book she is really BAD-ASS!!! she realized that she is tired of being the protected so she seek the help from Ash and Puck enable to unleash the power that is inside her and yes she really proved herself as being the main heroine of the story, sure at times she can be kinda annoying but what she has done through the entire book you would really forget that she is annoying. It's my very first time to encounter a female protagonist with a very impressive character progression it's from annoying to Bad-ass unlike from other characters that really never got any improvement they stick from annoying to even more annoying.

* Ashallyn 'darkmyk Tallyn the not so icy-prince - so *ahem* in the two previous books we get to see ash as this indifferent, expressionless and icy prince so he is this Dimitri-like,Jack-like,Edward-like character in the book BUT in the iron queen we get to see more of Ash he really opens-up to meghan in this book so we get to see what he was like in his previous life, etc. and i think he is pretty like-able in this book. (but not enough for me to be converted to team ash :D)

* Everything happens so fast in this book - well in this book pretty much shifts from scenario to scenario it's like in this part you'll get romance and all of a sudden you'll get TADAAA! heart-pounding action and that's what i like about this book it's fast paced but still very well written and the beginning and the end was executed perfectly.

* PUCK WAS SHIRTLESS - OMG!!!!!!! i thought Puck won't be in this book!!! ahhhhh!!!!
"puck was lying on an overhead branch,smirking at me. his shirt was off, showing a LEAN BRONZED CHEST and his read hair was all over the place"
mmmmmmm.. very sexy... rawr.. haha! LOLZ

THINGS I HATE

* love complications,they are not yet over - i thought that meghan and ash really beat the odds of their forbidden love but no!!! there is another complication that aroused from their almost perfect realtionship.

*oh grim! are you really gone????

*i'm not sure if puck is really ok with meghan and ash relationship even though he is just smiling and everything i know inside he is hurt and that's just sad... (awww! i love you Puck) *sniff,sniff*

"i will always love you princess, I'll take whatever you can give me"
-Puck

------
at first i was assuming to give this book maybe three or four stars cause the two previous book i just gave both of them 3 stars, but his book is really different from the first two.. this book is really great.!!! deserves a 5 star rating... there will be a new book out called IRON KNIGHT and this time it will be written through Prince Ash's perspective.. :D
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

Quotes Gabby Liked

Julie Kagawa
“Ah.” Puck’s emerald eyes sparkled with glee. “And so they come crawling back for Puck’s help after all. Tsk tsk.” He shook his head and took another bite of the apple. “How easy it is to forget grudges when someone has something you need.”
Julie Kagawa, The Iron Queen
tags: puck

Julie Kagawa
“Puck’s eyes gleamed, feral and menacing. “Oh, I don’t know, princess. Maybe it was because I was stupid enough to care about you. Maybe I actually thought I had a chance. Silly me, thinking that one little kiss meant anything to you.”
Julie Kagawa, The Iron Queen
tags: puck

01/30/2011
01/31/2011
13.0% "back off. mine."
01/31/2011
20.0% "sheesh megahan!!!! just choose! ash or Puck!"
02/01/2011
40.0% "wow! this better than the two previous books"
02/03/2011
70.0% "must finish reading this NOW!"

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie gabby buti ka pa nabasa mo na to :D

Gabby hehe... try mo basahin julie... about a mga fairie to

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie okay ^^ wala pa nga kong book na natry about fairies, puro vamps na talaga ang nasa utak ko :)) thanks

Gabby aq din first faerie book ko to ndi ko gaano gusto ung 2 nauna na book mas gusto ko tong pangatlo. :)

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie wow, cge gabby ita-try ko na to since marami kayong friends ko na nagbasa at nagustuhan ang series ^^