Nurshafiqa's Reviews > The Secret of Ka

The Secret of Ka by Christopher Pike

Jan 24, 2011

it was ok
Read from January 24 to 28, 2011

** spoiler alert ** i have been a fan of christopher pike since about two years ago. back then, i was still in secondary school. i can still remember the first time i held a pike book in the school's library, kind of wary because of the lame cover. read it and was immediately hooked. so was some of my friends. we made it a kind of mission to read all the pike books in our school's library, and we did. in a few months.

so imagine my surprise when i saw this book in the national library! i got so excited i think i jump around a little. here was another pike book, right in front of me, all glossy and new. without any hesitation, i borrowed a friend's library card (since i've used up the 12-books limit) and went home smiling.

i was so so so disappointed.

mr. christopher pike, please do your research before publishing a book. muslims don't pray in the toilet, what more a bathtub?! oh and if amesh was that much of a good muslim, like he wouldn't look at sara properly just because of her wearing a tank top and shorts and was even shy to use her freaking hotel room's bathroom, he wouldn't do half the things he did! there was just so many inconsistencies, i couldn't bother listing them all. it's like, amesh's religion, islam, is SUCH a huge part of who he is. it's kind of distracting to the story. (oh who am i kidding, it is!)

basically, there were a lot of moments when i think, "what the eff?" while reading this book. but hey, whatever right? just a story. gimme a break!

but it wasn't all bad. it was okay if you read it without thinking too much. but ugh i practically skimmed this book just cause it was so boring. i have been let down big time. thanks a lot, mr. pike!

PS: giving 2 stars only because all those pike books i've read before have given me so much pleasure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Ka.

01/27/2011 page 86
21.0% "someone correct this please: 407 pages, not 416. i've super doubled checked."

Novia eh my brother needs to read that for school. so please please tell me how it goes please~~

Nurshafiqa uh what? lol i'm only in page 8.

Novia oh oh and the book thief. remember that?
should i recommend it to him?

Nurshafiqa YES YES YES!
possibly my favoritest book ever.
get ready to seriously cry and sob and wail. not joking.

Novia nice. i want to see him cry. thanks.

Nurshafiqa HAHAHAHA. you do just that!

Novia ah. so he SHOULDN'T read it??

Nurshafiqa let's just say i wouldn't recommend anyone to read it.

Novia oh wow. okay then.